DMA’s Response to COVID-19
To all clients, partners, employees and friends,
As the current coronavirus situation continues to develop in our communities, our team here at David Mason + Associates wanted to update you, our partners, clients and employees on the steps we have taken, all according to federal guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control.
First, we continue to be open for business and intent on serving our partners and clients. The measures that we have implemented to ensure the well-being of our staff and the larger community to date are as follows:
• Our physical offices are closed where required and the offices still open have a very limited number of team members in the facilities.
• Most staff members are working from the comfort and safety of their homes. Our engineering staff professionals are equipped with technology that enables them to continue their work efficiently.
• Our IT staff is striving to keep all necessary equipment and software working properly, while ensuring connectivity to the best of their ability.
• Members of our field services, survey and pipe services divisions continue to start and end their days in our garage spaces. Their work for utility companies and municipal water and sewer districts is considered essential services. As they go about their daily work routines, they are maintaining social distance from the public to the extent possible while performing critical public functions.
• For our business development and executive teams, all previously scheduled in-person meetings are being moved to our video conferencing platform.
• All non-essential travel has been cancelled.
As always, please feel free to reach out to a member of our team to discuss any specific questions or concerns that you may have regarding your project with DMA. Please note that all communication channels related to on-going projects remain unchanged.
Thank you for trusting us with your business,
David Mason + Associates