Assistant Director of Survey
St. Louis, MO
David Mason + Associates’ St Louis Headquarters is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Survey. The successful applicant must have professional experience in leading surveyors, CAD technicians and field crews in the completion of large-scale engineering survey projects. DMA expects the Assistant director of the survey to coordinate and manage survey projects to client established requirements for all budgets and deadlines, and industry standards for accuracy and professionalism. This position will support the supervision of the survey staff in carrying out a variety of field work and office work including establishing horizontal/vertical control, topographic surveying, property boundary surveys, 3D lidar scanning, and construction staking. The Assistant Director will report to the Director of Survey and benefit from growth opportunities inherent in assuming a leadership position with a national firm that is continuing to grow.
- Experience managing and delegating responsibilities to a team of exceptionally qualified team members
- Familiarity with operation of survey instruments, including electronic total station, digital level, GPS equipment, robotics, 3D laser scanner, and data collectors
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret titles, deeds, plats, and plans
- Proven track record of leadership including setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to identify and implement effective courses of action in order to complete work assignments
- Ability to solve problems, perform surveying calculations and resolve property boundaries
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation/GeoPAK, and Trimble Business Center a plus
Minimum of 8 years of professional experience preferred. Knowledge of surveying principles and practices; engineering design and construction practices. Experience with large projects surveys for highway projects, infrastructure projects, airport projects, and transmission line projects a plus.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Illinois Professional Land Surveyor License required.
Ability to achieve PLS License in Missouri within 6 months.
DMA offers a great team environment and a benefits package that includes health, dental, life, long-term disability, and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO and every other Friday OFF.