AutoCAD Designer – Electrical
St. Louis, MO
Our AutoCAD Designer – Electrical performs detailed drafting and support activities related to the preparation of plans, specifications, reports, and other documents for engineering projects within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties. Typical advancement is based on the quality performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on employee’s actions and accomplishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the drafting and production of design documents.
- Prepare project documents in accordance with established client and/or Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) Standards. Possess a working knowledge of Bluebeam and a proficiency for Bentley MicroStation, AutoCAD, and/or comparable applications.
- Employee should have experience in Utilizing Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- Confer with Project Manager and senior project staff to ascertain coordination and critical interface requirements.
- Perform specific work assignment in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, sketches and specifications.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Capable of being assigned medium sized, more complicated projects and performing all design tasks with limited supervision.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A typical employee would possess an industry relevant Associates degree or equivalent education from a two-year college or technical school and four-eight years related experience; or a high school diploma and a minimum of ten-fifteen years related experience is required.
Have a complete working knowledge of utility, transmission, and power distribution applications, associated with the design modification of schematic, wiring and interconnect diagrams.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Be able to take direction and function independently.
- Participate and become an active part of a project team.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation is lacking, or only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess great organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with their work.