Civil Engineering Project Manager (PE)
St. Louis, MO
The Civil Project Manager will supervise and execute projects for the St. Louis area location, the headquarters for a multi-office, multi-discipline engineering firm. Responsibilities include oversight of the site development civil engineering projects, support of regional business development initiatives, scheduling, and coordination of personnel and workload delegation. The candidate will promote a positive image of the firm within the community; uphold the firm’s high standards for engineering design and promote the firm’s policies, practices, and philosophies.
The candidate must have experience in client relations and experience with project presentations and meeting facilitation. Experience with project management, tracking, and billing software is required. This position requires travel to job sites, meetings, and occasional travel to other offices.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in site development, stormwater, and drainage design.
- Have experience with Stormwater regulations and permitting processes as required by the local agencies having jurisdiction in the St. Louis region.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and/or comparable applications.
- Possess knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and/or comparable applications.
- Be able to function independently and as part of a team.
- Possess great organization and time management abilities.
- Be detail-oriented, adaptable and enthusiastic.
We are looking for a professional who can effectively manage, plan, coordinate, and monitor all design and technical aspects of civil engineering projects. The successful candidate will have the technical skills to make civil engineering decisions, design all project elements, and be able to delegate work while mentoring technical designers/drafting staff members. The candidate will also have knowledge and understanding of the project development process including coordination with architectural, landscape, structural, geotechnical, and MEP disciplines during design and construction. The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day design activities and oversee technical design, contract document production, quality control, permitting, shop drawing review, field inspections, and project closeout.
Candidate must be willing and able to assist with the growth and development of an expanding civil and structural engineering firm with a focus in the following markets: Education, Healthcare, Aviation, Commercial, Public/Civic, Water/Wastewater, and Utilities (Electric, Gas & Water).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years related professional experience
- PE Required in at least one jurisdiction with the ability to be licensed in Missouri within 6 months of starting.
Benefits package includes health, dental, life, long-term disability, and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO and every other Friday OFF.
Full-time Benefited position.
The candidate shall have the legal right to work in the U.S.