Civil Project Engineer/Project Manager – Solar
Our Civil Project Engineer/Manager will supervise and execute the civil design for utility-scale solar projects across the nation. Responsibilities include oversight of the development civil engineering plans and activities, support of regional business development initiatives, scheduling, and coordination of personnel and workload delegation. The candidate will promote a positive image of the firm within the community; uphold the firm’s high standards for engineering design and promote the firm’s policies, practices, and philosophies.
The ideal candidate is a professional who can effectively manage, plan, coordinate, and monitor all design and technical aspects of utility-scale solar civil engineering projects. The successful candidate will have the technical skills to make civil engineering decisions, design all project elements, and be able to delegate work while mentoring technical designers/drafting staff members. The candidate will also have knowledge and understanding of the project development process including coordination with architectural, landscape, structural, geotechnical, and MEP disciplines during design and construction. The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day design activities and oversee technical design, contract document production, quality control, permitting, shop drawing review, field inspections, and project closeout.
The candidate must have experience in client relations and experience with project presentations and meeting facilitation. Experience with project management, tracking, and billing software is beneficial. This position requires travel to job sites, meetings, and occasional travel to other offices.
- Provide engineering and technical leadership in the preparation of studies, reports, plans, specifications, and construction drawings.
- Possess the ability to interpret plans, sketches, and specifications.
- Ability to respond to common technical inquiries, questions from the client, or members of the project team and to resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of critical technical requirements.
- Perform specific work assignments in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Capable of managing any sized, more complicated projects and performing all design tasks, or guiding staff engineers and designers in completing design tasks, with very limited supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel out of town for site visits and construction observation that may include overnight stays.
- Have experience in the development of plans, specifications, reports, and construction oversight for utility-scale solar projects.
- Have experience with stormwater regulations and permitting processes as required by local agencies having jurisdiction in various regions across the nation.
- This role requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Have experience with developing stormwater management plans, stormwater pollution and prevention plans, and/or soil erosion and sediment control plans
- Possess knowledge of AutoCAD-Civil3D, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, preferred
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Be able to take direction as part of a team and function independently.
- Ability to write and review technical reports, memos, or other correspondences that conform to prescribed style and format of the client and of the firm.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation is lacking, or only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate and provide a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess great organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Be detail-oriented, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry, as well as calculus and statistical analysis.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A typical project engineer would possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent education from a four-year college in the field of Engineering and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in design or construction of engineering projects.
This job requires a Professional Engineering (PE) License in at least one jurisdiction with the ability to be licensed in Missouri within 6 months of starting.
COMPANY BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, short-term disability and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO and every other Friday OFF.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Reasonable accommodations are available to allow workers with disabilities to perform essential job functions.