Civil Staff Technician/Designer
St. Louis, MO
Performs detailed drafting and support activities related to the preparation of plans, specifications, reports, and other documents for engineering projects within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties. Typical advancement is based on the quality performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on employee’s actions and accomplishments. This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however, this employee is expected to support and answer basic drafting questions of new staff technicians not familiar with client specific requirements.
- Prepare CAD/Revit drawings and project documents in accordance with company standards
- Interpret drawing mark-ups, plans, sketches and specifications and update CAD/Revit files based on plan review comments
- Coordinate efforts with Project Manager and overall design team
- Perform specific work assignments in accordance with established schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Read and interpret plans, sketches, and specifications.
- Follow and abide by the DMA employee and safety manuals.
- Participate and become an active part of a project team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be detail oriented, versatile, and enthusiastic
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client and company expectations
- Ability to take direction and function independently with limited supervision
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking on a wide range of projects of varying size and complexity
- Participate and become an active part of the project and division team through active listening & open communication
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software
- Maintains time sheet, tracks mileage, and reimbursement documents in compliance with company policies
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit or comparable software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, or equivalent document management software
- Ability to perform basic design calculations, figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Education & Experience
- An industry relevant associate degree or equivalent education from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- Possesses a high school diploma and a minimum of 1-year related experience, or a combination of education or work experience required
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- This job has no certificate, license, or registration requirements
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Able to be seated at a standard workstation for 75% or more of workday
- Able to use desktop, laptop and/or tablet computer and smart phone for 75% or more of workday
- Work performed will typically be in an office environment with moderate noise level or may be performed remotely based on the company & Division’s in-office attendance policy
- Occasional travel to other offices or vendor/company partner/job site locations may be required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To provide equitable employment and advancement opportunities, employment decisions at David Mason + Associates are based on merit – an alchemy of professional qualifications, demonstrated capabilities, and the ability to be innovative. We recruit and hire the best available talent regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. DMA strives to treat all employees equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement.