Director of Surveying Services
St. Louis, MO
David Mason + Associates’ St Louis Headquarters is currently seeking a Director of Survey. The successful applicant must have professional experience in leading surveyors, CAD technicians, and field crews in the completion of large-scale engineering survey projects. DMA expects the director of survey to coordinate and manage the survey division staff to meet established budgets and deadlines, client established requirements, industry standards for accuracy and professionalism. This position will provide supervision of the survey staff in carrying out a variety of fieldwork and office work including establishing horizontal/vertical control, topographic surveying, property boundary surveys, 3D Lidar scanning, UAS surveys, and construction staking. The Director of Surveying Services will assume a leadership position with a national firm that is continuing to grow.
- Experience managing and delegating responsibilities to a team of exceptionally qualified team members.
- Familiarity with operation of survey instruments, including electronic total station, digital level, GPS equipment, robotics, 3D laser scanner, UAS, and data collectors.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret titles, deeds, plats, and plans.
- Proven track record of leadership including setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify and implement effective courses of action to complete work assignments.
- Ability to solve problems, perform surveying calculations, and resolve property boundaries.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation/PowerGeoPAK, and Trimble Business Center a plus
Minimum of 10 years of professional experience preferred. Knowledge of surveying principles and practices; engineering design and construction practices. Experience with large projects surveys for highway projects, infrastructure projects, airport projects, and transmission line projects a plus.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Missouri Professional Land Surveyor or Illinois Professional Land Surveyor required; PLS in Missouri and Illinois a plus.
Benefits package includes health, dental, life, long-term disability, and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO, and every other Friday OFF.
Full-time Benefited position.
The candidate shall have the legal right to work in the U.S.