Drafter / Designer – Electrical Utility
St. Louis, MO
The Designer performs detailed drafting and support activities related to the preparation of plans, specifications, reports, and other documents for engineering projects within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The Designer has a working knowledge in utility, transmission, and power distribution applications, associated with the design modification of schematic, wiring and interconnect diagrams. They will report to the Division Manager.
- Participate in the drafting and production of design documents.
- Prepare project documents in accordance with established client and/or Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) Standards.
- Possess a working knowledge of Bluebeam and a proficiency for Bentley MicroStation, AutoCAD, and/or comparable applications.
- Employee should have experience in Utilizing Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- Confer with Project Manager and senior project staff to ascertain coordination and critical interface requirements.
- Perform specific work assignment in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, sketches, and specifications.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable, and enthusiastic.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation is lacking, or only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess great organizational skills and time management abilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A typical employee would possess an industry relevant Associates degree or equivalent education from a two-year college or technical school and five years related experience, or a high school diploma and a minimum of ten years related experience is required.
Benefits package includes health, dental, life, long-term disability, and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO and every other Friday OFF.