Electrical Engineer/Project Manager (PE)
St. Louis, MO
Our Electrical Engineer/Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters for the entire life cycle of the project, by performing the following duties. Typical advancement is based on the quality performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on employee’s actions and accomplishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review client requested proposals or plans to determine procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources for all phases of each project (estimating, scheduling, material purchasing, design, construction support, and close-out).
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, including durations, hourly rates, budget and schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, sketches and specifications.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve some technical issues.
- Possess the ability to interpret basic wiring and schematic drawings, one and three-line diagrams, as well as control and logic diagrams.
- Serve as the primary contact for exchange of project information and communications between the firm and the client.
- Review status reports and monitor intermediate and internal design reviews, such that documents adhere to the firm’s standards for completeness, quality and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with the client’s standards.
- Prepare project reports and schedules for management and client requests.
- Confer with staff to outline workplan and assign duties, responsibilities of project team.
- Ensure that all forms and scoping documents are complete and available for project team consumption.
- Direct and review approach used by project staff in completing assignments.
- Confer with other Project Managers and Staff Engineers as needed to ascertain coordination, completeness and accuracy of critical technical and non-technical requirements.
- Perform specific work assignment in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Capable of being assigned smaller and medium sized, projects and performing all management tasks with no supervision.
- Employee should have experience in utilizing Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- Provide QA/QC support for Staff Engineers and Project Managers as it relates to the project design requirements and integration of those standards with client specific requirements.
Indirectly supervises employees as it relates to applicable and specific project tasks. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, as well as forecasting of required resources.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A typical employee would possess an industry relevant Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent education from a four-year college in the field of Engineering and a minimum of seven-ten years’ experience in design, management, or construction of Engineering Projects.
Have a working knowledge of utility, transmission, and power distribution applications and theory. Have a solid grasp of design modifications for schematic, wiring and interconnect diagrams.
- Communicate and document all critical project activities to project team.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Be able to take direction and function through the support of other Project Managers.
- Ability to respond to common technical inquiries or questions from the client, or members of the project team.
- Ability to write technical reports, memos, or other correspondences that conform to prescribed style and format of the client and of the firm.
- Ability to effectively present information to the management, the client or potential clients.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) license and evidence of pursing a Professional Engineering (PE) License or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required.