Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
St. Louis, MO
David Mason + Associates’ St. Louis Headquarters is currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to be a project surveyor and support project management. The successful applicant must have professional experience in leading surveyors, technicians, and field crews in the completion of large-scale engineering survey projects. This position will support the supervision of the survey staff in carrying out a variety of task including establishing horizontal/vertical control, topographic surveying, property boundary surveys, 3D lazer scanning, and construction staking. Typical advancement is based on the quality performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on employee’s actions and accomplishments.
- Assists with project oversight
- Relates instructions, processes and data to field crews and technicians to complete projects
- Responsible for work on boundary resolution, construction staking calculations, and field work data processing
- Creates and/or supports weekly and ongoing safety meeting topics and trainings
- Creates and files job hazard analysis forms
- Follow and abide by the DMA employee and safety manuals
- Experienced with Survey Field Equipment (Trimble Preferred but not a necessity)
- Experienced with Survey Office Software (Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Excel, MS Word, Bluebeam, etc.)
- Able to perform minor coordinate geometry mathematics
- Can calculate construction point and alignment coordinates
- Can be responsible for minor to moderate size projects from start to finish
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills
- Be detail oriented, adaptable, and enthusiastic
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client and company expectations
- Be able to take direction and functions independently
- Participate and become an active part of the project and division team
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation may be lacking, or limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Possess great organizational and time management skills
- Familiar in Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Capable of being assigned and managing multiple projects with a range of complexities
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to use a calculator, electronic data collector, and 2-way radio.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, MicroStation/GeoPAK, Trimble Business Center, and other software
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Previous experience in supervision, leading and training of technicians and field crews
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma required
- 10+ years related work experience is required
- Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is required
- 7+ years related work experience is required
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Illinois Professional Land Surveyor License required (or ability to acquire within 12 months).
- Missouri Professional Land Surveyor License preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; slippery wet paved embankments; potholes, usually hidden by underbrush; railroad tracks with loose rock ballast slopes; vertical walls such as storm channels; large sewer tunnels with uneven or curved slippery floors; or gravel/loose stone creek bottoms.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when working near highways or airports which can expose the employee to a high noise level requiring hearing protection