St. Louis, MO
DMA is looking for a full-time mechanic to operate on DOT registered vehicles. The ideal candidate must be able to work unsupervised and have experience working on large DOT registered vehicles and responsible for routine vehicle maintenance and preventative care.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5 years of experience required
- Maintain accurate, updated preventative maintenance records.
- Identify mechanical issues and perform repairs accordingly.
- Must have a full understanding of D.O.T. regulations and be DOT certified/compliant
- Must have a valid state license and CDL
- Maintain a precise inventory of parts
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State, and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area follows all relevant Federal, State, and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used, and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
- Perform road calls and on the road repairs as assigned (3% travel expectation, day trips)
- Advises management of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision-Making skills
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
Maintenance and repair of DOT registered vehicles (Example: Vactor Trucks, Jetter Trucks, Box Trucks, Transits).