Project Manager – Civil Engineering (EIT/PE)
The Civil Project Manager will supervise and execute projects of a small Philadelphia area location for a multi-office, multi-discipline engineering firm headquartered in the Midwest. Responsibilities include oversight of the site development civil engineering projects, support of regional business development initiatives, scheduling, and coordination of personnel and workload delegation. The candidate will promote a positive image of the firm within the community; uphold the firm’s high standards for engineering design and promote the firm’s policies, practices, and philosophies. This project manager will report to the Philadelphia Regional Manager.
The candidate must have experience in client relations and experience with project presentations and meeting
facilitation. Experience with project management, tracking, and billing software is required. This position requires travel to job sites, meetings, and occasional travel to other offices.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in site development, stormwater and drainage design.
- Have experience with stormwater regulations and permitting processes as required by the local agencies having jurisdiction in the Philadelphia
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and/or comparable
- Possess knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and/or comparable applications.
- Be able to function independently and as part of a
- Possess great organization and time management
- Be detail oriented, adaptable and
We are looking for a professional who can effectively manage, plan, coordinate, and monitor all design and technical aspects of site development projects. The successful candidate will have the technical skills to make civil engineering decisions, design all project elements, and be able to delegate work while mentoring technical designers/drafting staff members. The candidate will also have knowledge and understanding of the project development process including coordination with architectural, landscape, structural, geotechnical, and MEP disciplines during design and construction.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day design activities and oversee technical design, contract document production, quality control, permitting, shop drawing review, field inspections, and project closeout.
Candidate must be willing and able to assist with the growth and development of an expanding civil and structural engineering firm with a focus in the following markets: Education, Healthcare, Aviation, Private Industry, Water/Wastewater, and Utilities (Electric, Gas & Water).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years related professional experience
- EIT required
- A Professional License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is a plus
Benefits package includes health, dental, life, long-term disability, and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, PTO and every other Friday OFF.
Full-time Benefited position.
The candidate shall have the legal right to work in the U.S.