St. Louis, MO
DMA is currently seeking a Project Surveyor for our St. Louis location. This position will work with other surveyors, CAD technicians, and field crews to complete large-scale engineering survey projects on schedule as established by the survey project manager. works under direction from the survey coordinator or survey division manager. Will manage survey projects to establish requirements to meet accuracy requirements, budgets, and schedules. Supervise and assists survey staff in carrying out a variety of survey field work and office work including establishing horizontal/vertical control, topographic surveying, property boundary surveys and construction staking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiar with operation of survey instruments, including electronic total station, digital level, GPS equipment, robotics, 3D laser scanner, and data collectors.
- Reads and interpret titles, deeds, plats, and plans.
- Sets priorities and meets deadlines.
- Identifies and implements effective courses of action in order to complete work assignments.
- Ability to solve problems, perform surveying calculations and resolve property boundaries.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation/GeoPAK, and Trimble Business Center a plus.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; An equivalent combination of 5 years+ education and experience preferred. Knowledge of surveying principles and practices; engineering design and construction practices. Experience with large projects surveys for highway projects, infrastructure projects, airport projects, and transmission line projects a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Illinois Professional Land Surveyor (or ability to acquire within 12 months). Missouri Professional Land Surveyor a plus.