Our Structural Engineer provides project level support of design for a wide range of project size, materials, and types of infrastructure and buildings. Engineers will work on a variety of projects based on firm needs & project demand.
Our perfect candidate is a motivated problem-solver who is detail oriented, a clear and consistent communicator that exhibits flexibility to work on multiple projects and changing client expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering and design calculations, equipment and construction specifications and procurement documents.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, sketches and specifications.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to respond to common technical inquiries or questions from the client, or members of the project team.
- Confer with Project Manager and senior project staff to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of critical technical requirements.
- Perform specific work assignment in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Capable of being assigned all sized, more complicated projects and performing all design tasks with very limited supervision.
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with their work.
- Follow and abide by the DMA employee and safety manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A typical employee would possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent education from a four-year college in the field of Engineering and a minimum of two-five years’ experience in design, management, or construction of Engineering Projects.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Be able to take direction and function independently.
- Ability to write technical reports, memos, or other correspondences that conform to prescribed style and format of the client and of the firm.
- Ability to effectively present information to the management, the client or potential clients.
- Participate and become an active part of a project team.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificate, licensing or registration are desired, but not a requirement. Providing evidence of pursing a Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) License, Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) License is desirable.