Structural Engineering Division Manager
DMA is seeking a Structural Engineering Division Manager for our Chicago office with the ability to lead our growing an expanding department offering structural consulting for architectural, design-build teams and engineering firms.
Our Structural Engineering Division Manager in Chicago provides project team leadership, project management and supports/mentors staff on a wide range of project size, materials, and types of projects. Our teams work on a variety of projects based on firm needs & project demand. Ability to work across multiple offices important
Our ideal candidate is a motivated problem-solver who is detail oriented, a clear and consistent communicator that exhibits flexibility to work on multiple projects and changing client expectations while leading a team of sound professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of design calculations, construction documents, technical specifications, cost estimates, bid evaluation and permitting
- Ability to working on multiple projects concurrently, monitoring project budgets and schedules, and being responsible for overseeing the technical work of one or more team members is a must.
- Ability to respond to technical inquiries or questions from all members of the project team.
- Manage and mentor project staff to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of technical requirements.
- Perform specific project assignment in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Capable of performing all design tasks with very limited supervision.
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with their projects.
- Follow and abide by the DMA employee and safety manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials in response to firm qualifications.
- Review and develop design fee proposals for new project opportunities. Coordinate and work with other internal DMA disciplines for a complete proposal response.
- Able to understand the financial aspects of project performance and management of resources for project success in meeting management goals.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- An Industry relevant Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent education from a four-year college or university in the field of engineering required
- The ideal candidate will have 20+ years of experience on various project types and projects that vary in scale.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable, and enthusiastic.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Ability to write technical reports, memos, or other correspondences that conform to prescribed style and format of the client and of the firm.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, the client or potential clients.
- Participate and become an active part of a project teams while leading the Chicago Structural team.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Illinois SE License is required. Providing evidence of SE License. Additional industry certificates and registrations are a plus.