St. Louis, MO
David Mason + Associates is looking for a Union Laborer to join our Pipes Services team. This position supports the overall function of Jetter trucks including, but not limited to driving, operating equipment, inspecting sewer lines and systems, and collecting corresponding data. Typical advancement is based on the quality performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on employee’s actions and accomplishments. This position may indirectly supervise and/or support other laborer support staff.
- Operates Jetter trucks- after adequate training
- Operates Utility Locate Equipment- after adequate training
- Operates hand and power tools. Performs related work as required.
- Load and prepare equipment for job at hand
- Set up and operate sewer cleaning equipment. This includes lifting, carrying, and pulling hoses, climbing on to the unit for set up and minor maintenance, standing, kneeling or bending for long periods of time
- Majority of duties take place outside with exposure to all types of weather conditions and terrain on a year-round basis
- Places traffic cones and other barricades at job sites; removes manhole covers and examines manhole to determine proper set-up procedure.
- Locates line sections to be inspected, using map, and determines set up procedures; sets up winches, determines skid size and installs proper skid; plugs line, if necessary; threads cable through sewer lines and places camera inside manhole to televise sewer line.
- Operates and adjusts camera controls to obtain optimum clarity and contrast. Prepares description of each sewer defect, and records pertinent data.
- Determines supplies necessary for the daily operation of the T.V. truck and equipment; assists with mixing chemicals.
- Removes camera, hoses and packing from line when inspection or sealing operations completed.
- Cleans and stores camera, chemicals, and equipment on van truck after use.
- Completes required initial and ongoing training as requested by DMA
- Wears DMA branded Safety-Shirts and appropriate PPE when working on-site in the field
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills
- Be detail oriented, adaptable, and enthusiastic
- Be able to take direction and function independently
- Participate and become an active part of the project and division team
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation may be lacking, or limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Possess great organizational and time management skills
- Familiar in Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software
- Capable of being assigned and managing multiple projects with a range of complexities
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Thorough knowledge of company field equipment and its capabilities
- Clean driving record and insurable in accordance with Company’s current auto insurance carrier
- Valid CDL Required- Class A or B with Air Brake and Tanker Endorsements
Education & Experience:
- Highschool Diploma and 1-year related experience and/or training required
- 1 year certification from a technical school, or currently enrolled in some secondary-education program or institution is preferred.
- Previous training & experiences within the Laborer’s Union is preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most of the time worked as a Union Laborer is on project sites and is typically outdoors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use arms (hands & fingers) to handle or feel and reach.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl when collecting data in the field.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when working near highways or airports which can expose the employee to a high noise level requiring hearing protection.